Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Keselowski plans to keep phone out of race car
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 4:50pm EST
HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP) - Brad Keselowski is leaving his cellphone behind.
Keselowski plans to ditch his phone during NASCAR's Sprint Cup finale Sunday. His decision comes days after NASCAR fined him $25,000 for having the phone in his race car. It was discovered because he tweeted during a red flag at Phoenix International Raceway.
The punishment confused many who wondered why Keselowski was penalized for Sunday's tweets when he was celebrated by NASCAR for doing the same thing during the season opener.
Keselowski felt the same way.
"I'm confused a lot," he said Thursday. "I'll just add that to the list."
Nonetheless, the decision to go without his phone wasn't easy.
"I do feel naked when I don't have my phone," he said. "It's my security blanket. It doesn't matter how I feel about it right now. It is what it is at this point. I just have to move on and focus on the weekend ahead."
Some alleged the Sprint Cup Series points leader was actually being disciplined for his profanity-laced outburst after Sunday's crash-and fight-marred race.
NASCAR dismissed the conspiracy theories, saying drivers had been told after the Daytona 500 that electronic devices _ including cellphones _ could not be carried inside the race cars going forward.
Keselowski, who takes a 20-point lead over Jimmie Johnson into Sunday's season finale, is looking to win his first Cup title.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)