Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Hamilton: No regrets leaving McLaren for Mercedes
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 4:04pm EST
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Lewis Hamilton says he is very happy about his decision to leave the McLaren team for Formula One rival Mercedes after this season.
McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh recently said he believes Hamilton rushed into his decision after the Sept. 23 Singapore Grand Prix and will regret the decision to end his 14-year relationship with the team. Mercedes has won one race in three seasons.
Hamilton said Thursday at the U.S. Grand Prix he was surprised by Whitmarsh's comments. Hamilton says it was an emotional decision to leave but one that he's very happy with. Hamilton says he's still giving 100 percent to the McLaren team in the final two races of the season.
Hamilton, the 2008 world champion, signed a three-year contract with Mercedes.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)