Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Willie Park Jr. selected for Hall of Fame
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 10:05am EST
ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. (AP) - The late Willie Park Jr. will be joining his father in the World Golf Hall of Fame.
Park won the British Open twice in the 19th century and had a large influence on the game by making golf clubs and building golf courses. He was selected through the Veteran's Category. His father, Willie Park, the first Open champion, was inducted in 2005.
Park joins Ken Venturi and Fred Couples in the 2013 induction class. The ceremony will be May 6 at the World Golf Village.
Park won the Open in 1887 and 1889. Among the golf courses he designed were the Old Course at Sunningdale, Maidstone Golf Club on Long Island and Olympia Fields outside Chicago, which hosted the 2003 U.S. Open. He died in 1925 at age 61.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)