Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Vonn will skip ceremony to introduce ski team
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 3:29pm EST
VAIL, Colo. (AP) - Lindsey Vonn will not attend a ceremony to introduce the U.S. Ski Team on Thursday.
Vonn was released from a hospital in Colorado on Wednesday, but details of her illness remain unclear and there is no indication of when she will return to skiing.
Vonn's publicist, Lewis Kay, recently said the four-time overall World Cup champion and Olympic downhill gold medalist was "awaiting results from diagnostic testing for severe intestinal pain."
Before her illness, Vonn was set to be among the skiers showing up for the festivities in Vail, where she lives. Bode Miller and Julia Mancuso are expected to attend.
Health permitting, Vonn's next scheduled races are the giant slalom and slalom in Aspen on Thanksgiving weekend, followed by speed events in Lake Louise, Alberta.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)