Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Bevacqua appointed CEO of PGA of America
Saturday - 11/10/2012, 6:26pm EST
BALTIMORE (AP) - Pete Bevacqua has been hired as chief executive officer for the PGA of America.
Bevacqua, a former chief business officer of the U.S. Golf Association, replaces Joe Steranka, who is retiring this year after 25 years at the organization that represents club professionals. Steranka spent the last seven years as CEO.
The PGA of America also elected Ted Bishop of Franklin, Ind., as its 38th president to serve a two-year term. He will lead the selection of a new Ryder Cup captain. Derek Sprague was elected as vice president.
Bevacqua joined the USGA in 2000 as an attorney. He was managing director of the U.S. Open at Oakmont in 2007, and then became chief business officer. He left the USGA last year to lead the golf division at CAA Sports.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)