Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Huntingdon golf coach fired after tirade
Friday - 11/9/2012, 9:02pm EST
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Huntingdon College golf coach Matt Mahanic was fired Friday after a recording of his profanity-filled tirade at his players made its way onto the Internet.
Huntingdon, a Division III team, had finished 11th out of 12 teams at the Gordin Classic. The audio, recorded by one of the players, eventually made its way to Deadspin. About two minutes into the six-minute recording, Mahanic begins screaming at his players, dropping obscenities into just about every sentence.
College President J. Cameron West announced on the school's website that Mahanic had been dismissed.
He said the school adheres to NCAA principles, which says that employees should act with sportmanship at all times and represent "the honor and dignity of fair play and the generally recognized high standards associated with wholesome competitive sports."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)