Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Huntingdon golf coach fired after tirade
Friday - 11/9/2012, 9:02pm EST
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Huntingdon College golf coach Matt Mahanic was fired Friday after a recording of his profanity-filled tirade at his players made its way onto the Internet.
Huntingdon, a Division III team, had finished 11th out of 12 teams at the Gordin Classic. The audio, recorded by one of the players, eventually made its way to Deadspin. About two minutes into the six-minute recording, Mahanic begins screaming at his players, dropping obscenities into just about every sentence.
College President J. Cameron West announced on the school's website that Mahanic had been dismissed.
He said the school adheres to NCAA principles, which says that employees should act with sportmanship at all times and represent "the honor and dignity of fair play and the generally recognized high standards associated with wholesome competitive sports."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)