Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Huntingdon golf coach fired after tirade
Friday - 11/9/2012, 9:02pm EST
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Huntingdon College golf coach Matt Mahanic was fired Friday after a recording of his profanity-filled tirade at his players made its way onto the Internet.
Huntingdon, a Division III team, had finished 11th out of 12 teams at the Gordin Classic. The audio, recorded by one of the players, eventually made its way to Deadspin. About two minutes into the six-minute recording, Mahanic begins screaming at his players, dropping obscenities into just about every sentence.
College President J. Cameron West announced on the school's website that Mahanic had been dismissed.
He said the school adheres to NCAA principles, which says that employees should act with sportmanship at all times and represent "the honor and dignity of fair play and the generally recognized high standards associated with wholesome competitive sports."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)