Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
BYU suspends 2 football players amid investigation
Friday - 11/9/2012, 3:08pm EST
PROVO, Utah (AP) - Two members of Brigham Young's football team have been suspended from the team and withdrawn from school amid an investigation into an assault at a Provo restaurant.
Head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced in a statement that senior defensive back Joe Sampson and sophomore linebacker Zac Stout have been suspended for violating team rules. Both players have withdrawn from BYU (5-4) and will not return this season.
Sampson started eight games this year at safety and had 33 tackles. Stout appeared in one game at inside linebacker and had one tackle.
The Provo Police Department said Friday it was investigating the alleged assault that was reported early the morning of Nov. 1. The department said there were allegations that members of the football team were involved.
No charges have been filed.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)