Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
NASCAR 1st multicar test with '13 cars, new aero
Tuesday - 10/9/2012, 10:41pm EDT
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - NASCAR is having its first multicar test with the 2013 Sprint Cup models and new aero package.
The two-day test at Texas started Tuesday, with 100 pounds removed off the right side and 60 pounds off the left side of the cars. It is also part of a test with Goodyear tires built specifically for the new cars to optimize grip.
Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition, says the cars were built to get more mechanical grip and reduce the aero dependency.
Juan Pablo Montoya was "happily surprised" with the reduced downforce. He says the car slid around a little bit, but wasn't unpredictable and didn't do anything strange.
The new Cup cars for Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota look more like their passenger car counterparts.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)