Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NASCAR 1st multicar test with '13 cars, new aero
Tuesday - 10/9/2012, 10:41pm EDT
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - NASCAR is having its first multicar test with the 2013 Sprint Cup models and new aero package.
The two-day test at Texas started Tuesday, with 100 pounds removed off the right side and 60 pounds off the left side of the cars. It is also part of a test with Goodyear tires built specifically for the new cars to optimize grip.
Robin Pemberton, NASCAR vice president of competition, says the cars were built to get more mechanical grip and reduce the aero dependency.
Juan Pablo Montoya was "happily surprised" with the reduced downforce. He says the car slid around a little bit, but wasn't unpredictable and didn't do anything strange.
The new Cup cars for Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota look more like their passenger car counterparts.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)