Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Woods benched for 1st time at Ryder Cup
Friday - 9/28/2012, 8:41pm EDT
MEDINAH, Ill. (AP) - For the first time in his career, Tiger Woods will be on the bench at the Ryder Cup.
U.S. captain Davis Love III has decided not to play Woods in the Saturday morning session of foursomes. Woods had played every match since making his debut at Valderrama in 1997. He did not play in the 2008 matches while recovering from knee surgery, and he only played four matches in Wales two years ago because the matches were reconfigured due to rain.
Love had said all week he didn't want players to be in all five matches so they could conserve energy for the singles matches on Sunday.
Woods played poorly in a foursomes loss Friday morning and was sent back out. He made seven birdies Friday afternoon in a fourball loss and was benched.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)