Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
WR Chad Johnson charged with domestic battery
Wednesday - 9/12/2012, 5:35pm EDT
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Six-time Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson has been formally charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic battery.
The Broward State Attorney's Office filed the charge Wednesday. Johnson faces up to a year in county jail.
Johnson was arrested last month after his wife accused him of head-butting her during an argument in front of their home. He was later freed on $2,500 bond.
The confrontation came barely a month after Johnson married Evelyn Lozada, who is on the reality TV show "Basketball Wives." The 34-year-old Johnson had been battling for a spot on the Miami Dolphins after a disappointing season with the New England Patriots in 2011.
The Dolphins released Johnson a day after his arrest.
Johnson is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday morning and to file a written plea of not guilty.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)