Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
WR Chad Johnson charged with domestic battery
Wednesday - 9/12/2012, 5:35pm EDT
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Six-time Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson has been formally charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic battery.
The Broward State Attorney's Office filed the charge Wednesday. Johnson faces up to a year in county jail.
Johnson was arrested last month after his wife accused him of head-butting her during an argument in front of their home. He was later freed on $2,500 bond.
The confrontation came barely a month after Johnson married Evelyn Lozada, who is on the reality TV show "Basketball Wives." The 34-year-old Johnson had been battling for a spot on the Miami Dolphins after a disappointing season with the New England Patriots in 2011.
The Dolphins released Johnson a day after his arrest.
Johnson is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday morning and to file a written plea of not guilty.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)