Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Verplank withdraws from PGA Championship
Friday - 8/10/2012, 1:08pm EDT
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. (AP) - Scott Verplank has withdrawn from the PGA Championship on Friday with a hip injury.
Verplank was 9 over par for the tournament when he withdrew after nine holes Friday. He shot 75 in the first round Thursday.
The 48-year-old Verplank finished tied for fourth at last year's PGA Championship but hasn't been much of a factor this season.
Verplank withdrew from The Players Championship in May because of an injured left wrist, and he had played only one PGA Tour event since then, missing the cut at the St. Jude Classic in June.
He played the back nine Friday and made two bogeys and two double bogeys, then stopped before playing the front.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)