Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Santo inducted into baseball Hall of Fame
Sunday - 7/22/2012, 3:31pm EDT
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) - The late Ron Santo, star third baseman for the Chicago Cubs and later a broadcaster for the team, has been inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
His widow, Vicki, gave a heartwarming speech and ended it with: "This is not a sad day. This is a great day. I'm certain that Ronnie is celebrating right now."
Santo died of bladder cancer in December 2010.
In St. Louis, the Cubs players paid tribute to Santo by clicking their heels together as they jumped over the third-base line to start the game.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)