Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
California RC, Brown advance at Henley Regatta
Friday - 6/29/2012, 2:18pm EDT
HENLEY, England (AP) - California Rowing Club and Brown went through to the quarterfinals of the main Grand Challenge Cup for men's coxed eights at Henley Royal Regatta on Friday.
California beat the crew from Germany's Ratzeburg Training Center by 1 3/4 lengths, while Brown's eight won easily over Italian opposition.
Brown and Harvard 'B' progressed to the semifinals in the Temple Challenge Cup for student coxed eights, but Harvard's 'A' crew was edged by Washington University by a length.
Andrew Campbell reached the quarterfinals in the Diamond Challenge Sculls, while Stephen Whelpley and Willy Cowles progressed in the double sculls with an easy win over a Northern Irish pair.
The Radciffe women's coxed eights from Harvard beat Hollandia Roeiclub of Netherlands by 2 1/2 lengths to make it to the semifinals of the Remenham Challenge Cup.
Potomac Boat Club lost in the women's quadruple sculls, and Penn Athletic club and Rowing Association was knocked out of the intermediate coxed eights by 2 1/4 lengths to England's Molesey Boat club and Oxford Brookes University crew.
Harvard won in the intermediate eights by 3 1/2 lengths to reach the semifinals.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)