Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Churchill cancels Thursday card because of heat
Tuesday - 6/26/2012, 9:44pm EDT
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Churchill Downs has canceled Thursday's race card because the temperature is expected to be around 100 degrees.
Track President Kevin Flanery said in a statement on Tuesday that Churchill consulted with the National Weather Service before deciding to cancel racing, and would continue to do so for the three remaining race days _ Friday through Sunday _ of the spring meet. The weather service expects highs around 100 all three days.
Thursday's post time was set for 12:45 p.m. EDT. Friday's races begin at 2:45 p.m., and Saturday features an evening card, starting at 6 p.m. The first post on Sunday is set for 12:45 p.m., and the $150,000 Grade II Firecracker Handicap is scheduled that day.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)