Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Scotland's Royal Troon to host 2016 British Open
Wednesday - 6/20/2012, 3:07pm EDT
TROON, Scotland (AP) - The British Open will be staged at Royal Troon in Scotland for the ninth time in 2016.
The Ayrshire course last hosted the British Open in 2004, when American Todd Hamilton beat 2002 champion Ernie Els of South Africa in a playoff.
Other former winners at the course were Arthur Havers (1923), Bobby Locke (1950), Arnold Palmer (1962), Tom Weiskopf (1973), Tom Watson (1982), Mark Calcavecchia (1989) and Justin Leonard, who won in 1997 after shooting a closing 65.
South Ayrshire council's Bill McIntosh says: "This is great news _ not just for Troon, but for the whole of Ayrshire."
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)