Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
5th seed Vinci loses to Barthel at Open GDF Suez
Wednesday - 1/30/2013, 11:19am EST
PARIS (AP) - Fifth-seeded Roberta Vinci was bounced out of the Open GDF Suez when she was beaten by Mona Barthel of Germany 4-6, 6-1, 6-3 in the second round Wednesday.
Vinci struggled in the second set, losing two of her service games. Matters worsened for the Italian when Barthel immediately broke serve in the third set.
Ranked 16th, Vinci broke back but the 45th-ranked Barthel broke twice more to take the match.
Barthel will meet third-seeded Marion Bartoli of France or Christina McHale of the United States in the quarterfinals.
Sixth-seeded Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic recovered from an early scare to beat Lourdes Dominguez Lino of Spain 2-6, 6-1, 6-1.
Safarova next faces Frenchwoman Alize Cornet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)