Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Isner, Querrey to play Davis Cup singles for US
Tuesday - 1/22/2013, 9:17pm EST
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) - John Isner and Sam Querrey will join Bob and Mike Bryan on the U.S. team to play Brazil in the first round of Davis Cup World Group matches from Feb. 1-3.
U.S. captain Jim Courier announced the team in a statement Wednesday from Melbourne, where he is working at the Australian Open.
The match against Brazil, the first tie at home for the U.S. team since the 2011 quarterfinals, will be played on an indoor hard court in Jacksonville, Fla.
Isner pulled out of the Australian Open with a right knee injury, while Querrey lost in the third round.
The Bryan brothers, the Olympic doubles gold medalists, won their quarterfinal match Wednesday at the Australian Open.
According to the USTA, Brazil has announced its team as singles players Thomaz Bellucci and Thiago Alves, and Marcelo Melo and Bruno Soares in doubles for its first World Group tie since 2003.
The winner of the match will face either Serbia or Belgium in the quarterfinals from April 5-7.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)