Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Schwartzel injury-free, Westwood eyes 3 in a row
Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 10:45am EST
AP Sports Writer
SUN CITY, South Africa (AP) - Charl Schwartzel still isn't sure how he did it. The intercostal muscle he tore at the U.S. Open wiped out most of his season in 2012.
Schwartzel has been playing pain-free for only the last month and a half after the injury contributed to problems with his swing. But signs are there that he's nearly back to his best and maybe ready to challenge two-time defending champion Lee Westwood at the Nedbank Golf Challenge at Sun City this week.
Schwartzel says on Wednesday his game is "definitely on the way up." A tie for third at the World Tour Championship in Dubai last weekend helped his confidence.
Westwood won a second straight Nedbank title last year with a third-round 62 and has been solid at the Gary Player Country Club.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)