Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Friday - 1/18/2013, 10:51am EST
Compiled By PAUL MONTELLA
By The Associated Press
(AP) - Jan. 19
1937 _ Nap Lajoie, Tris Speaker and Cy Young are elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in the second year of voting.
1952 _ The Professional Golfers Association approves the participation of blacks in golf tournaments.
1972 _ Sandy Koufax of the Los Angeles Dodgers becomes the youngest player elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame at 36. Yogi Berra and Early Wynn are also elected.
1974 _ UCLA's 88-game winning streak is snapped when Notre Dame overcomes an 11-point deficit in the final 3:32 to win 71-70. With 29 seconds remaining, Dwight Clay's jump shot from the right corner gives the Irish the lead.
1992 _ John Cook is the first golfer in PGA history to chip in on two consecutive holes to win a playoff after he edges Gene Sauers in the Bob Hope Classic.
2002 _ Yana Klochkova of Ukraine and Luo Xuejuan of China break short-course world records at a World Cup swim meet in Paris. Klochkova had a time of 4:27.83 in the women's 400-meter individual medley, topping the mark of 4:29 set by China's Dai Guohong in December 1993. Luo finishes the 50-meter breaststroke in 30.47 seconds, beating Zoe Baker of Britain, who held the old record of 30.51 seconds.
2004 _ Colorado's Milan Hejduk scores on a penalty shot 59 seconds into overtime to give the Avalanche a 5-4 victory over Tampa Bay. It's the third time an NHL game ended on a penalty shot in overtime.
2005 _ LeBron James becomes the youngest player (20 years, 20 days) in NBA history to record a triple-double, with 27 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists in Cleveland's 107-101 win over Portland.
2006 _ Tennessee coach Pat Summitt gets her 900th victory in her first shot at the milestone, as the Lady Vols rally from their biggest deficit this season to beat Vanderbilt.
2006 _ Irina Slutskaya wins her seventh European figure skating title, breaking the record she shared with Katarina Witt and Sonja Henie.
2008 _ Bode Miller wins the downhill at the traditional Hahnenkamm World Cup races to become the most successful American skier ever with 28 World Cup wins, overtaking Phil Mahre.
2012 _ Serena Williams moves into the third round of the Australian Open with a 6-0, 6-4 victory over Barbora Zahlavova Strycova for her 500th career match win. The win improves her career record to 500-104 in tour matches and it is her 16th consecutive match win at Melbourne Park, where she has won five Grand Slam titles.
2012 _ Olympic champion Hannah Kearney wins a record 11th consecutive FIS Freestyle World Cup moguls event, besting the old record of Swiss star Conny Kissling. Kearney's win comes at Whiteface Mountain at Wilmington, N.Y.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)