Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Ramirez homers on 1st pitch in Dominican debut
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 3:16pm EST
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) - Manny Ramirez homered on his first pitch of the Dominican winter league season.
Thousands of cheering fans stood and cheered as Ramirez came to bat in the bright yellow jersey of the Eagles, a team from the northern region of Cibao. Ramirez then drove his first pitch over the right-field fence.
The Eagles went on to lose Wednesday night's game 3-2 to the Escogido Lions.
Ramirez had last played in his Dominican Republic nearly 20 years ago. He served his second 50-game suspension for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy last year, then was released from his minor league contract with the Oakland Athletics. in June without making it back to the big leagues.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)