Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Ramirez homers on 1st pitch in Dominican debut
Thursday - 11/15/2012, 3:16pm EST
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) - Manny Ramirez homered on his first pitch of the Dominican winter league season.
Thousands of cheering fans stood and cheered as Ramirez came to bat in the bright yellow jersey of the Eagles, a team from the northern region of Cibao. Ramirez then drove his first pitch over the right-field fence.
The Eagles went on to lose Wednesday night's game 3-2 to the Escogido Lions.
Ramirez had last played in his Dominican Republic nearly 20 years ago. He served his second 50-game suspension for violating Major League Baseball's drug policy last year, then was released from his minor league contract with the Oakland Athletics. in June without making it back to the big leagues.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)