Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
AP source: Rivera, Yanks agree to $10 million deal
Thursday - 11/29/2012, 10:16pm EST
AP Sports Writer
NEW YORK (AP) - Mariano Rivera and the New York Yankees agreed Thursday to a $10 million, one-year contract, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been announced. The person said the deal includes additional bonus opportunities, as did the team's agreement with Andy Pettitte earlier in the week.
After missing most of the season because of a knee injury, Rivera accepted a cut in guaranteed money from his $30 million, two-year deal that had covered the last two years.
Rivera, who turned 43 on Thursday, was limited to nine games this year after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee while tracking down a fly ball during batting practice in Kansas City on May 3. He is baseball's career leader with 608 saves.
With deals for Pettitte, Rivera and Hiroki Kuroda in place, the Yankees will turn their attention to position players. Steady catcher Russell Martin departed Thursday, agreeing to a $17 million, two-year contract with Pittsburgh, a person familiar with those talks said.
AP Sports Writer Will Graves in Pittsburgh contributed to this report.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)