Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Report: RB Foster considering heart procedure
Friday - 2/1/2013, 6:49am EST
HOUSTON (AP) - Houston Texans running back Arian Foster says he's considering a heart procedure to address a condition that forced him out of a game.
Foster told the NFL Network's Alex Flanagan on Thursday that he will "likely undergo" a heart ablation in about a month. An ablation involves the use of a catheter to correct structural problems that can lead to an abnormal heartbeat, according to the Mayo Clinic's official Web site.
The 26-year-old Foster left in the third quarter of Houston's 23-6 loss to Minnesota on Dec. 23 with an irregular heartbeat. Coach Gary Kubiak said after the game that Foster had also experienced the problem in a practice.
Foster rushed for 1,424 yards and 15 touchdowns in 2012.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)