Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Woman found dead in Springfield townhome
Thursday - 6/16/2011, 6:31am EDT
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (AP) - Fairfax County police say a woman has been found dead inside a Springfield, Va., townhome and officials are investigating the death as suspicious.
Police spokesman Officer Bud Walker says a friend of the woman who lived at the home on Sugar Creek Court called police and asked them to check on her. Walker says officers found the woman dead inside the home about 2 p.m. Wednesday and called homicide detectives because the circumstances looked suspicious.
Walker says the woman's body did not have any obvious signs of trauma.
Authorities are awaiting the results of an autopsy report to determine the cause of her death.
The name of the woman, who was in her 40s, has not been released.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)