Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Woman found dead in Springfield townhome
Thursday - 6/16/2011, 6:31am EDT
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (AP) - Fairfax County police say a woman has been found dead inside a Springfield, Va., townhome and officials are investigating the death as suspicious.
Police spokesman Officer Bud Walker says a friend of the woman who lived at the home on Sugar Creek Court called police and asked them to check on her. Walker says officers found the woman dead inside the home about 2 p.m. Wednesday and called homicide detectives because the circumstances looked suspicious.
Walker says the woman's body did not have any obvious signs of trauma.
Authorities are awaiting the results of an autopsy report to determine the cause of her death.
The name of the woman, who was in her 40s, has not been released.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)