Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Woman found dead in Springfield townhome
Thursday - 6/16/2011, 6:31am EDT
SPRINGFIELD, Va. (AP) - Fairfax County police say a woman has been found dead inside a Springfield, Va., townhome and officials are investigating the death as suspicious.
Police spokesman Officer Bud Walker says a friend of the woman who lived at the home on Sugar Creek Court called police and asked them to check on her. Walker says officers found the woman dead inside the home about 2 p.m. Wednesday and called homicide detectives because the circumstances looked suspicious.
Walker says the woman's body did not have any obvious signs of trauma.
Authorities are awaiting the results of an autopsy report to determine the cause of her death.
The name of the woman, who was in her 40s, has not been released.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)