Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
2013 Government Performance Summit
Monday - 6/10/2013, 4:39am EDT
Federal News Radio's Tom Temin attended the event, and interviewed speakers from both the government and private sector participating in the conference. Listen to those interviews below.
director of policy
Many in the government performance world will tell you that performance management is an art. Recently, the increased access to large scale performance information is driving the belief that performance management is a science.
lecturer in public policy
Harvard Kennedy School
Earlier in the morning, Federal Drive's Tom Temin asked John Desenberg of the Performance Institute whether performance management is an art or a science. Robert Behn, lecturer in public policy at the Harvard Kennedy School, is firmly in the art camp.
chief financial officer
Department of the Interior
When it comes to improving agency performance, sometimes you have to bring in the perspective of the money people. If budgets and goals aren't aligned, it's pretty hard to move things along. It gets harder when two or more agencies are involved with the same goal. Doug Glenn, the Interior Department's deputy chief financial officer, has got some ideas on interagency collaboration and coordination.
chief learning officer
Health and Human Services Department
Federal employees are mostly knowledge workers. Every program comes with rules, regulations, procedures and best practices. For leaders, managing all the knowledge in people's heads presents an important challenge.
The Performance Institute
Everyone knows that successful organizations are functional organizations. But creating that functionality while combating ever constant miscommunication or lack of motivation can be a struggle. Bethany Blakey, a performance manager at The Performance Institute, is the featured luncheon speaker on the second day of the Government Performance Summit. In her presentation, she plans to demonstrate specific techniques and tools to successfully build results.
View a photo gallery of the 2013 Government Performance Summit by clicking here.