Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Kathryn Medina to step down from CHCO Council post
Tuesday - 12/17/2013, 2:01pm EST
Medina's last day at OPM will be Jan. 3. She will join public relations firm APCO Worldwide as a senior human resources executive.
Medina is only the third executive director of the Council. She succeeded John Salamone, who is now with FMP Consulting.
Kathryn Medina (OPM photo)
In 2011, Medina received Federal News Radio's Causey Award for excellence in federal government human resources in 2011.
Serena McIlwain, who was director of the Department of Energy's Business Partners Office at that time, nominated Medina for spearheading the first Federal Human Resources HR University. Medina brought together HR directors from across the government to develop the virtual website. She currently serves as HR University's first provost.
"For over 10 years, and under the leadership of numerous work groups and subcommittees, the federal government has not been successful in developing one resource center designed specifically for the federal government," McIlwain said in her nomination. "We have been trying to professionalize the HR community for many years, and now for the first time, we are closer to achieving this goal."
Medina earned a B.S. in business administration, summa cum laude, and a master of education in Global Human Resource Development from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. At Villanova University, she earned a Lean Six Sigma certificate. Since 2006, she has been a certified a senior Professional in Human Resources. She is a member of the Academy of Human Resource Development and the Society for Human Resource Management.
An adjunct professor at Georgetown University, Medina teaches a master-level class in strategic human capital management.