Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Nominations open for 2012 Causey Awards
Wednesday - 2/22/2012, 3:36pm EST
(Update: Nominations for the 2012 Causey Awards are now closed. Please check back in June for a list of the winners.)
Federal News Radio's 3rd Annual Causey Awards seeks to recognize and honor the people who have made it their mission to help the government operate more efficiently.
The Causey Awards highlights the good works of people in the human capital management field. They are nominated by their peers for their outstanding achievements and important contributions in 2011.
The award is named after Mike Causey, Federal News Radio's senior correspondent, for his life-long dedication to the reporting of federal workforce management and federal pay and benefits issues.
Some of the previous Causey Award winners include:
- Jennie Liming, General Services Administration - Ms. Liming created, implemented and manages a program to develop entry-level employees into mission critical leaders within GSA's Federal Acquisition Service. (2010)
- Beverly Malone, Internal Revenue Service - Ms. Malone created a mentoring program for wounded soldiers to gain work experience with the IRS prior to transitioning out of military service. (2010)
- Debra Vess, Treasury - Ms. Vess streamlined HR Connect's onboard system to reduce paperwork, time, and improve accuracy to the process of bringing new employees into an agency. (2011)
- Maria Roat, Homeland Security - Ms. Roat spearheaded front office open houses, OCIO's Chili Cook-off and Team Spirit Fridays and fostered the 'One OCIO' approach - to act as one office, rather than independent, unconnected offices within headquarters OCIO. (2011)
Things to keep in mind when nominating:
- Focus on human capital issues or areas that influence the HR process. Is there somebody you would like to nominate for their work on information technology workforce issues? Or somebody working in acquisition human capital issues?
- Focus on the person most responsible for a particular success and what their specific contribution was. Nominees can be career federal employees, political appointees or contractors.
- Focus on 2011 - We are specifically looking for work done in the previous year. The Causey Awards are not designed to recognize lifetime achievement.
Nominations will be accepted through Friday, April, 6, 2012. Feel free to nominate as many people as you would like. The Causey Awards will be announced the week of May 6, 2012, on air (1500 and 820AM in the D.C. area) and online at FederalNewsRadio.com.
NOTE: We do collect your information. This will not, however, be used for any purpose other than for The Causey Awards without your authorization.