Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
OPM releases draft qualification standards for HR workforce
Friday - 12/2/2011, 4:40pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Office of Personnel Management has released draft qualification standards for human resources managers and assistants.
The draft standards update the qualifications to include competencies and minimum requirements by grade, Acting Deputy Associate OPM Director Andrea Bright wrote in a Nov. 30 memo.
The standards will be used to assess the minimum qualifications required of job applicants.
OPM worked with the Chief Human Capital Officer's Council subcommittee for the HR workforce to develop the standards and is now seeking comment on their accuracy, clarity and ease of use.
The various requirements align with employees' grade levels. The 10 competencies include "teamwork," "reasoning," "problem-solving," and "interpersonal skills" among others.
The requirements are graded on a scale — from 5, which shows expert levels to 1, which shows only basic awareness of a particular skill.
The HR workforce requirements follow recent draft competency-based qualification standards issued by OPM for IT management and certain financial occupations.
Comments on the requirements can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by Jan. 20.