Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
OPM releases draft qualification standards for HR workforce
Friday - 12/2/2011, 4:40pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Office of Personnel Management has released draft qualification standards for human resources managers and assistants.
The draft standards update the qualifications to include competencies and minimum requirements by grade, Acting Deputy Associate OPM Director Andrea Bright wrote in a Nov. 30 memo.
The standards will be used to assess the minimum qualifications required of job applicants.
OPM worked with the Chief Human Capital Officer's Council subcommittee for the HR workforce to develop the standards and is now seeking comment on their accuracy, clarity and ease of use.
The various requirements align with employees' grade levels. The 10 competencies include "teamwork," "reasoning," "problem-solving," and "interpersonal skills" among others.
The requirements are graded on a scale — from 5, which shows expert levels to 1, which shows only basic awareness of a particular skill.
The HR workforce requirements follow recent draft competency-based qualification standards issued by OPM for IT management and certain financial occupations.
Comments on the requirements can be sent to email@example.com and must be received by Jan. 20.