Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
VA, HUD to put 10,000 homeless veterans in permanent housing
Wednesday - 3/28/2012, 2:49pm EDT
The agencies are providing $72.6 million to public housing agencies in all 50 states and D.C., according to a HUD release.
"It's a national disgrace that one out of every six men and women in our shelters once wore a uniform to serve our country," said HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan in the release. "But we know that by providing housing assistance and case management services, we can significantly reduce the number of veterans living on our streets."
This is the first of two rounds of the 2012 funding for the partnership between VA and HUD to fight veterans homelessness. HUD said it expects to announce the remaining funding by the end of this summer, according to the release.