Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
IG report: VA claims-processing prone to fraud
Thursday - 3/1/2012, 6:58pm EST
However, the Veterans Affairs Department is struggling with that — at least in one area.
The department rolled out a new disability claims process in 2010. But a recent report from the VA inspector general examined the program's internal controls and found them lacking. Although the program has a quality-assurance review process, VA doesn't reviewed all claims, the report found.
According to the report, part of the problem was the "expedited rollout" of the new program, which "did not provide VA sufficient time to design, evaluate and implement adequate internal controls to prevent potential fraud."