Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
New program brings veterans into acquisition workforce
Tuesday - 1/31/2012, 12:27pm EST
Already, two dozen students have signed on for three years of rigorous classroom and on-the-job training. At the end, they'll be ready to work for any agency's procurement shop.
"It's really to grow the next generation of acquisition professionals and creating a career path for our returning warriors," said Lisa Doyle, chancellor of the VA Acquisition Academy, which runs the program. "The purpose is to re-capitalize the acquisition workforce in the Department of Veterans Affairs, but other government agencies can also participate."
Doyle spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin on Tuesday morning about the Academy and how it's helping returning veterans to ease into government employment.
For more information about the program, visit the Academy's website.