Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
New program brings veterans into acquisition workforce
Tuesday - 1/31/2012, 12:27pm EST
Already, two dozen students have signed on for three years of rigorous classroom and on-the-job training. At the end, they'll be ready to work for any agency's procurement shop.
"It's really to grow the next generation of acquisition professionals and creating a career path for our returning warriors," said Lisa Doyle, chancellor of the VA Acquisition Academy, which runs the program. "The purpose is to re-capitalize the acquisition workforce in the Department of Veterans Affairs, but other government agencies can also participate."
Doyle spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin on Tuesday morning about the Academy and how it's helping returning veterans to ease into government employment.
For more information about the program, visit the Academy's website.