Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Website, job fair help veterans secure employment
Tuesday - 1/17/2012, 10:27am EST
"The Obama Administration has made hiring veterans a top priority," said John Sepulveda, assistant secretary for human resources and administration at the VA. "The President issued an executive order in 2009 calling on federal agencies to increase the hiring of veterans."
Sepulveda told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin Tuesday 50,000 veterans have already used tools on the VA for Vets website to receive career advice and to help them find employment.
The VA for Vets is also sponsoring a Veteran Career and Expo on Wednesday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the Washington DC Convention Center, 901 Mount Vernon Place N.W., Washington, D.C.
"We're happy to announce we have over 25 private sector companies and more than a dozen federal agencies joining us," Sepulveda said. "We're pulling together our resources and will have over 6,000 jobs that are going to be featured at the fair. Many job offers are going to be made."