Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Website, job fair help veterans secure employment
Tuesday - 1/17/2012, 10:27am EST
"The Obama Administration has made hiring veterans a top priority," said John Sepulveda, assistant secretary for human resources and administration at the VA. "The President issued an executive order in 2009 calling on federal agencies to increase the hiring of veterans."
Sepulveda told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin Tuesday 50,000 veterans have already used tools on the VA for Vets website to receive career advice and to help them find employment.
The VA for Vets is also sponsoring a Veteran Career and Expo on Wednesday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the Washington DC Convention Center, 901 Mount Vernon Place N.W., Washington, D.C.
"We're happy to announce we have over 25 private sector companies and more than a dozen federal agencies joining us," Sepulveda said. "We're pulling together our resources and will have over 6,000 jobs that are going to be featured at the fair. Many job offers are going to be made."