Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Website, job fair help veterans secure employment
Tuesday - 1/17/2012, 10:27am EST
"The Obama Administration has made hiring veterans a top priority," said John Sepulveda, assistant secretary for human resources and administration at the VA. "The President issued an executive order in 2009 calling on federal agencies to increase the hiring of veterans."
Sepulveda told The Federal Drive with Tom Temin Tuesday 50,000 veterans have already used tools on the VA for Vets website to receive career advice and to help them find employment.
The VA for Vets is also sponsoring a Veteran Career and Expo on Wednesday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the Washington DC Convention Center, 901 Mount Vernon Place N.W., Washington, D.C.
"We're happy to announce we have over 25 private sector companies and more than a dozen federal agencies joining us," Sepulveda said. "We're pulling together our resources and will have over 6,000 jobs that are going to be featured at the fair. Many job offers are going to be made."