Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
VA initiative revives doctor's house call with modern twist
Monday - 12/12/2011, 3:37pm EST
VA wants to make its support services available to vets — no matter where they are. So, using the power of technology, it's reviving the old-fashioned doctor's house call &mdash but with a modern-day, mobile twist.
The new online care system aims to give veterans an array options to contact doctors and support services, regardless of physical location.
It's all part of the department's Innovation Initiative, which seeks creative solutions for problems veterans often face, such as healthcare and access to jobs.
Jonah Czerwinski, the director of the Va's Innovation Initiative and a senior adviser to the Veterans Affairs secretary joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the pilot program.
Czerwinski discussed the various facets of the Innovation project as well as the technology behind the new virtual house call for veterans.