Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
VA's acqusition overhaul a 'firm commitment'
Wednesday - 11/16/2011, 1:03pm EST
But one of the biggest areas of change lies in Va's use of contracts and its industry partnerships
VA's expert on that front is Glenn Haggstrom, the executive director of the department's Office of Acquisition, Logistics and Construction.
He joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris from the 2011 Government Contract Management Conference with his perspective on acquisition.
Haggstrom said the origins of VA's acquisition overhaul started with the previous secretary, Gen. James Peake.
"This was a firm commitment on the department's behalf to elevate acquisition to the level that it needed to be as a result of the Services Acquisition Reform Act," Haggstrom said.
Click here for full coverage of the 2011 Government Contracts Management Conference.