Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
VA's acqusition overhaul a 'firm commitment'
Wednesday - 11/16/2011, 1:03pm EST
But one of the biggest areas of change lies in Va's use of contracts and its industry partnerships
VA's expert on that front is Glenn Haggstrom, the executive director of the department's Office of Acquisition, Logistics and Construction.
He joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris from the 2011 Government Contract Management Conference with his perspective on acquisition.
Haggstrom said the origins of VA's acquisition overhaul started with the previous secretary, Gen. James Peake.
"This was a firm commitment on the department's behalf to elevate acquisition to the level that it needed to be as a result of the Services Acquisition Reform Act," Haggstrom said.
Click here for full coverage of the 2011 Government Contracts Management Conference.