Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
VA's acqusition overhaul a 'firm commitment'
Wednesday - 11/16/2011, 1:03pm EST
But one of the biggest areas of change lies in Va's use of contracts and its industry partnerships
VA's expert on that front is Glenn Haggstrom, the executive director of the department's Office of Acquisition, Logistics and Construction.
He joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris from the 2011 Government Contract Management Conference with his perspective on acquisition.
Haggstrom said the origins of VA's acquisition overhaul started with the previous secretary, Gen. James Peake.
"This was a firm commitment on the department's behalf to elevate acquisition to the level that it needed to be as a result of the Services Acquisition Reform Act," Haggstrom said.
Click here for full coverage of the 2011 Government Contracts Management Conference.