Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
VA's acqusition overhaul a 'firm commitment'
Wednesday - 11/16/2011, 1:03pm EST
But one of the biggest areas of change lies in Va's use of contracts and its industry partnerships
VA's expert on that front is Glenn Haggstrom, the executive director of the department's Office of Acquisition, Logistics and Construction.
He joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris from the 2011 Government Contract Management Conference with his perspective on acquisition.
Haggstrom said the origins of VA's acquisition overhaul started with the previous secretary, Gen. James Peake.
"This was a firm commitment on the department's behalf to elevate acquisition to the level that it needed to be as a result of the Services Acquisition Reform Act," Haggstrom said.
Click here for full coverage of the 2011 Government Contracts Management Conference.