Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Veterans Day reminder of service, need to protect vets' rights
Thursday - 11/11/2010, 3:39pm EST
In that spirit, Serve.gov is an online resource to find volunteer opportunities and also to create "do-it-yourself" projects.
Today President Obama spoke to the 1,400 base personnel and vets at Yongsan Army Garrison in Seoul, South Korea.
The president said, "We recall acts of uncommon bravery and selflessness. But we also remember that honoring those who've served is about more than the words we say on Veterans Day or Memorial Day. It's about how we treat our veterans every single day of the year. It's about making sure they have the care they need and the benefits that they've earned when they come home." (Watch full speech below.)
And a video from the VA on veterans' benefits:
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.