Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
USPS set to release Specific RIFs
Thursday - 5/26/2011, 7:10pm EDT
Employees will receive Specific RIF notices if they did not receive an assignment; if they received a demotion to a lower-grade position; or if they received a reassignment to a same-grade position.
According to the 2011 Organizational Redesign FAQs, employees who receive Specific RIF notices on May 27 will remain in their current positions until Sept. 9, 2011. Employees who are assigned a new position (either a same-grade reassignment or demotion) will begin in that new position on September 10, 2011. Employees who received separation notices will be separated effective COB on Sept. 9, 2011.
USPS has not indicated how many employees will receive Specific RIFs tomorrow. Requests for more information to USPS on the RIF notices were not immediately returned.
All employees are eligible to apply for job openings within the Postal Service during the posting period that begins June 14, 2011.
The Postal Service also made clear that it is still evaluating, and that employees who did not receive a Specific RIF on May 27 may still receive one at a later date. It is also possible for a Specific RIF sent out on May 27 to be later rescinded.
The full FAQs can be found here. Questions 21-24 relate to Specific RIF notices sent out May 27, and are at the bottom.