Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Friday - 7/16/2010, 10:51am EDT
Given our size, we have an obligation to embrace green ways of doing business. It's our objective to ultimately become known as a world class sustainability leader.
Sam Pulcrano was named Vice President, Sustainability in May 2008. He reports to the Senior Vice President, Operations. Pulcrano is responsible for unifying the Postal Service's sustainability efforts across every function and location.
Earlier, Pulcrano was director of Safety and Environmental Performance at USPS Headquarters. He began his career as a mail handler in Poughkeepsie, NY, in 1975. He also has held key positions in Human Resources and Labor Relations at the district and area levels.
Pulcrano's innovative and participative efforts with Postal Service unions and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration achieved a 50% reduction in employee injuries nationwide. Under his leadership, the Postal Service has become an industry leader in OSHA's Voluntary Protection Programs.
Pulcrano has also been instrumental in the Postal Service's "green" environmental efforts, which have brought national recognition from the Environmental Protection Agency's Performance Track.
These environmental programs have continued to produce results, building a record that has been recognized by more than three dozen White House Closing the Circle Awards recognizing environmental initiatives in the past 12 years.