Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
USDA headquarters, offices closed Monday
Monday - 4/16/2012, 9:15am EDT
Six USDA buildings are closed today after a minor electrical fire at one of the headquarters buildings caused power outages and Internet stoppages at other agency buildings, said a USDA spokesman.
USDA buildings closed Monday are:
- Whitten building
- South building
- Cotton Annex
- Reporters building (at 7th and D streets)
- Patriots Center (at 4th and E streets)
- Washington Carver Center in Beltsville, Md.
A minor electrical fire in the South building took power out in the other headquarters buildings, the spokesman said.
As of 10:17 a.m. Monday, USDA authorized administrative leave for the remainder of the day for workers in the Reporters building at 7th and D streets. As of 11:30 a.m., USDA also had authorized administrative leave for workers at the Patriots Center and the Carver Center.
The spokesman said the buildings are expected to be closed all day today.
USDA is telling employees to return home and check the building status for Tuesday by calling (800) 932-1902 or the USDA Be Prepared website.
Map from USDA.gov