Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
USDA headquarters, offices closed Monday
Monday - 4/16/2012, 9:15am EDT
Six USDA buildings are closed today after a minor electrical fire at one of the headquarters buildings caused power outages and Internet stoppages at other agency buildings, said a USDA spokesman.
USDA buildings closed Monday are:
- Whitten building
- South building
- Cotton Annex
- Reporters building (at 7th and D streets)
- Patriots Center (at 4th and E streets)
- Washington Carver Center in Beltsville, Md.
A minor electrical fire in the South building took power out in the other headquarters buildings, the spokesman said.
As of 10:17 a.m. Monday, USDA authorized administrative leave for the remainder of the day for workers in the Reporters building at 7th and D streets. As of 11:30 a.m., USDA also had authorized administrative leave for workers at the Patriots Center and the Carver Center.
The spokesman said the buildings are expected to be closed all day today.
USDA is telling employees to return home and check the building status for Tuesday by calling (800) 932-1902 or the USDA Be Prepared website.
Map from USDA.gov