Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
USDA headquarters, offices closed Monday
Monday - 4/16/2012, 9:15am EDT
Six USDA buildings are closed today after a minor electrical fire at one of the headquarters buildings caused power outages and Internet stoppages at other agency buildings, said a USDA spokesman.
USDA buildings closed Monday are:
- Whitten building
- South building
- Cotton Annex
- Reporters building (at 7th and D streets)
- Patriots Center (at 4th and E streets)
- Washington Carver Center in Beltsville, Md.
A minor electrical fire in the South building took power out in the other headquarters buildings, the spokesman said.
As of 10:17 a.m. Monday, USDA authorized administrative leave for the remainder of the day for workers in the Reporters building at 7th and D streets. As of 11:30 a.m., USDA also had authorized administrative leave for workers at the Patriots Center and the Carver Center.
The spokesman said the buildings are expected to be closed all day today.
USDA is telling employees to return home and check the building status for Tuesday by calling (800) 932-1902 or the USDA Be Prepared website.
Map from USDA.gov