Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
What 's the impact of USDA's big shrink?
Tuesday - 1/10/2012, 5:23pm EST
Secretary Tom Vilsack said the Blueprint for Stronger Service is part of a bid to save $150 million from the department's $145 billion budget.
However, critics charge it will have a negative impact on food safety.
The plan seems to have garnered almost as many questions as answers: How many jobs will be lost? And how will USDA make up for the work done at these facilities?
Click here for a map of proposed USDA office closures.