Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GPO names new CIO
Wednesday - 4/20/2011, 12:26pm EDT
Federal News Radio
Charles Riddle has been named the new chief information officer at the Government Printing Office. Riddle replaces Mike Wash, who is now CIO at the National Archives and Records Administration.
Riddle spent the last five years at the Department of Agriculture Food Safety Inspection Service where he was most recently the CIO.
As CIO at GPO, Riddle will be responsible for managing and providing policy guidance and oversight of agencywide IT policies and standards.
"I am excited to join an agency that has become the digital information platform for the federal government," Riddle said in a release. "I look forward to making sure GPO has the latest technological tools available to serve Congress, federal agencies, and the American public."
While serving at Agriculture, Riddle planned, managed and executed an annual IT budget of $76 million and supported more than 9,000 employees nationwide.
"Chuck's experience and expertise will be critical to GPO as we continue to transform the agency into a digital information provider for the federal government," said Davita Vance-Cooks, chief of staff at GPO.
John Buckner is an intern with Federal News Radio.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)