Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Behind the USDA cloud
Tuesday - 1/25/2011, 5:08pm EST
When the Department of Labor was looking for an organization to host GovBenefits.gov, it looked at several commercial vendors and decided instead to use the USDA.
Jim Stevens, USDA Acting Deputy Chief Information Officer for Business, Finance, & Security, joins the show to discuss how the decision was made.
Plus, how can your agency compare security for cloud options? What are the limitations of commercial vendors? Will the standard security package from a standard vendor comply with FISMA requirements? What about service level agreements? Should you look at another agency hosting a web site for you?
Host John Gilroy caught Stevens when he was in town for a USDA meeting. Listen as he explains the process and the logic behind his organization being able to compete in the commercial marketplace.