Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
USDA building closed Tuesday due to fire
Monday - 10/11/2010, 7:58pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Department of Agriculture Plant and Health Inspection Service center in Riverdale, Maryland, will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 12, due to a small electrical fire.
The building address is USDA Center at Riverside, 4700 River Road, Riverdale, Maryland.
"We ask all employees at the Riverdale building to stay home. Under the Agency's continuity of operations plan, those employees able to work from home are authorized to do so. Those who are not equipped to telework are authorized administrative leave for the day," according to the USDA website.
The fire damaged telecommunications equipment. Clean-up of the surrounding area required the building closure.
Information on the building's operating status will be available Wednesday.