Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
USDA building closed Tuesday due to fire
Monday - 10/11/2010, 7:58pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Department of Agriculture Plant and Health Inspection Service center in Riverdale, Maryland, will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 12, due to a small electrical fire.
The building address is USDA Center at Riverside, 4700 River Road, Riverdale, Maryland.
"We ask all employees at the Riverdale building to stay home. Under the Agency's continuity of operations plan, those employees able to work from home are authorized to do so. Those who are not equipped to telework are authorized administrative leave for the day," according to the USDA website.
The fire damaged telecommunications equipment. Clean-up of the surrounding area required the building closure.
Information on the building's operating status will be available Wednesday.