Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
USDA building closed Tuesday due to fire
Monday - 10/11/2010, 7:58pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Department of Agriculture Plant and Health Inspection Service center in Riverdale, Maryland, will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 12, due to a small electrical fire.
The building address is USDA Center at Riverside, 4700 River Road, Riverdale, Maryland.
"We ask all employees at the Riverdale building to stay home. Under the Agency's continuity of operations plan, those employees able to work from home are authorized to do so. Those who are not equipped to telework are authorized administrative leave for the day," according to the USDA website.
The fire damaged telecommunications equipment. Clean-up of the surrounding area required the building closure.
Information on the building's operating status will be available Wednesday.