Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
USDA building closed Tuesday due to fire
Monday - 10/11/2010, 7:58pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Department of Agriculture Plant and Health Inspection Service center in Riverdale, Maryland, will be closed Tuesday, Oct. 12, due to a small electrical fire.
The building address is USDA Center at Riverside, 4700 River Road, Riverdale, Maryland.
"We ask all employees at the Riverdale building to stay home. Under the Agency's continuity of operations plan, those employees able to work from home are authorized to do so. Those who are not equipped to telework are authorized administrative leave for the day," according to the USDA website.
The fire damaged telecommunications equipment. Clean-up of the surrounding area required the building closure.
Information on the building's operating status will be available Wednesday.