Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
IRS expands number of awards under TIPSS-4
Monday - 1/3/2011, 8:03pm EST
Federal News Radio
The IRS awarded 33 companies, including eight small businesses, a spot on its TIPSS-4 contract.
Total Information Processing Support Service-4 is a multiple award indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract focused on four functional areas: IT development, cybersecurity, operations and maintenance and program management support. It has a ceiling of $6 billion over 10 years, according to Input, a market research firm.
"The ITS principal task area shall provide contractor support for design, development, deployment, operations and maintenance of IRS IT Systems; all aspects of systems security such as conducting risk analyses, development of recommendations and implementations, plans for new procedures and changes to existing systems, project management skills and tools for managing, tracking, reporting, transitioning large-scale systems; and for maintaining configuration management controls," the agency states on its website about ITSS-4.
The IRS expanded the number of contractors for the latest version of the contract. Previously, the agency made 21 awards, including six to small vendors. TIPSS-3 also included only three functional areas: information system services, strategic business services and system security services.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)