Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Bipartisan group pushes for FAA back pay
Tuesday - 8/9/2011, 4:15pm EDT
Federal News Radio
Rep. Frank LoBiondo (R-N.J.) has introduced legislation to tap into the Aviation Trust Fund for money to pay the 4,000 Federal Aviation Administration workers who were furloughed for two weeks while Congress debated reauthorization legislation.
"For the past two weeks it was important to get these workers back on the job. Now my focus is to get them back pay and to ensure this avoidable situation never happens again," said LoBiondo in a written statement.
Four Republican congressmen and one Democrat have co-sponsored the bill. They include Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.). As the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee chairman, Mica played an important role in the dispute that led to the 14-day furlough.
Partisan bickering erupted after the House passed reauthorization language that included a measure to roll back subsidies for service to rural airports. The furlough ended only when lawmakers agreed to postpone a decision on the subsidies and fund the FAA through mid-September.
Senate Democrats introduced in late July a similar bill to use money in the Airport and Airway Trust Fund to pay the furloughed workers.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)