Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
NextGen Technology Enables Fastest, Safest Toy Delivery
Monday - 12/27/2010, 11:20am EST
Santa One - they report - is outfitted with new satellite-based NextGen technology, that allows Santa to deliver more toys to more children with improved safety and efficiency.
Rudolph's nose has been outfitted with avionics that can broadcast Santa One's position to air traffic controllers around the world with improved accuracy.
FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt says Santa's cockpit display is improved to help improve his situational awareness.
Even as energy-efficient as the reindeer-powered sleigh already is, officials say NextGen technologies have further reduced Santa One's carbon hoofprint. Shorter, faster routings mean the reindeer consume less hay.