Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NextGen Technology Enables Fastest, Safest Toy Delivery
Monday - 12/27/2010, 11:20am EST
Santa One - they report - is outfitted with new satellite-based NextGen technology, that allows Santa to deliver more toys to more children with improved safety and efficiency.
Rudolph's nose has been outfitted with avionics that can broadcast Santa One's position to air traffic controllers around the world with improved accuracy.
FAA Administrator Randy Babbitt says Santa's cockpit display is improved to help improve his situational awareness.
Even as energy-efficient as the reindeer-powered sleigh already is, officials say NextGen technologies have further reduced Santa One's carbon hoofprint. Shorter, faster routings mean the reindeer consume less hay.