Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
FAA Quizzes Web users for better safety
Tuesday - 5/25/2010, 11:51am EDT
Today's show highlights work by the FAA Office of Runway Safety.
Director Wes Timmons discusses the methods his office uses to achieve its mission of reducing runway incursions -- when an airplane ventures onto a runway without clearance.
- A national safety campaign spurred by one of those online quizzes.
- Automated software to analyze and prevent runway incursions.
- Actions underway to reduce an increasing number of runway incursions
- Oversight responsibilities
- Office structure
- The Runway Safety Council, a group Timmons' office launched to find the root causes of runway incursions