Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
LA mayor shoots down rumors of Cabinet position
Friday - 2/1/2013, 9:36pm EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is putting an end to rumors that he's up for a Cabinet position in the Obama administration.
Villaraigosa says in a statement Friday that he's "flattered and humbled" by the speculation, but that he is "firmly committed" to staying in Los Angeles and finishing his term. His term as mayor of the nation's second-largest city ends June 30.
Villaraigosa has been mentioned as a possible candidate to replace Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, who announced his departure this week. Villaraigosa has pushed for increased rail service in Los Angeles and served as chairman of last year's Democratic National Convention.
He says he will be focused on his job as mayor until the final second of his second term.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)