Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
How to pick the winners, losers of bus safety
Wednesday - 6/1/2011, 2:48pm EDT
Adam Tuss, wtop.com
WASHINGTON -- If you've ever traveled on one of those discount bus lines, or are planning to, you may be wondering about the safety record of the bus company, especially after the deadly crash that killed four people on Interstate 95 Tuesday morning.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has a search tool on its website that lets you look through in-depth records about the operators.
You can type in the company's name, or better yet the "dot number" for the company. That number is usually listed at the bottom of the website.
You can find out how many times and when companies have been cited for violations like speeding, fatigued driving and drug and alcohol use. You can also check vehicle maintenance records.
Here are a couple of codes to use for local companies:
- DC2NY: 604665
- Vamoose: 402959
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)