Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
How to pick the winners, losers of bus safety
Wednesday - 6/1/2011, 2:48pm EDT
Adam Tuss, wtop.com
WASHINGTON -- If you've ever traveled on one of those discount bus lines, or are planning to, you may be wondering about the safety record of the bus company, especially after the deadly crash that killed four people on Interstate 95 Tuesday morning.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has a search tool on its website that lets you look through in-depth records about the operators.
You can type in the company's name, or better yet the "dot number" for the company. That number is usually listed at the bottom of the website.
You can find out how many times and when companies have been cited for violations like speeding, fatigued driving and drug and alcohol use. You can also check vehicle maintenance records.
Here are a couple of codes to use for local companies:
- DC2NY: 604665
- Vamoose: 402959
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)