Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How to pick the winners, losers of bus safety
Wednesday - 6/1/2011, 2:48pm EDT
Adam Tuss, wtop.com
WASHINGTON -- If you've ever traveled on one of those discount bus lines, or are planning to, you may be wondering about the safety record of the bus company, especially after the deadly crash that killed four people on Interstate 95 Tuesday morning.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has a search tool on its website that lets you look through in-depth records about the operators.
You can type in the company's name, or better yet the "dot number" for the company. That number is usually listed at the bottom of the website.
You can find out how many times and when companies have been cited for violations like speeding, fatigued driving and drug and alcohol use. You can also check vehicle maintenance records.
Here are a couple of codes to use for local companies:
- DC2NY: 604665
- Vamoose: 402959
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)