Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
How to pick the winners, losers of bus safety
Wednesday - 6/1/2011, 2:48pm EDT
Adam Tuss, wtop.com
WASHINGTON -- If you've ever traveled on one of those discount bus lines, or are planning to, you may be wondering about the safety record of the bus company, especially after the deadly crash that killed four people on Interstate 95 Tuesday morning.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has a search tool on its website that lets you look through in-depth records about the operators.
You can type in the company's name, or better yet the "dot number" for the company. That number is usually listed at the bottom of the website.
You can find out how many times and when companies have been cited for violations like speeding, fatigued driving and drug and alcohol use. You can also check vehicle maintenance records.
Here are a couple of codes to use for local companies:
- DC2NY: 604665
- Vamoose: 402959
(Copyright 2011 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)