Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Md. leads way in measuring ROI in transportation
Wednesday - 5/11/2011, 5:37am EDT
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - A new report says Maryland is a leader in providing tools to help policymakers prioritize transportation spending.
The Pew Center on the States and the Rockefeller Foundation released the report Wednesday.
It says Maryland is one of 13 states leading the way in measuring returns on transportation investments. The report pays particular attention to Maryland's tracking of on-time performance of all major modes of public transit.
Still, like many other states, Maryland is grappling with huge infrastructure needs after years of tough budget times. A state commission has recommended that Maryland raise $800 million more in annual transportation money to shore up the state's depleted Transportation Trust Fund. Lawmakers could consider revenue changes as soon as this fall, during a special General Assembly session on congressional redistricting.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)