Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Md. leads way in measuring ROI in transportation
Wednesday - 5/11/2011, 5:37am EDT
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) - A new report says Maryland is a leader in providing tools to help policymakers prioritize transportation spending.
The Pew Center on the States and the Rockefeller Foundation released the report Wednesday.
It says Maryland is one of 13 states leading the way in measuring returns on transportation investments. The report pays particular attention to Maryland's tracking of on-time performance of all major modes of public transit.
Still, like many other states, Maryland is grappling with huge infrastructure needs after years of tough budget times. A state commission has recommended that Maryland raise $800 million more in annual transportation money to shore up the state's depleted Transportation Trust Fund. Lawmakers could consider revenue changes as soon as this fall, during a special General Assembly session on congressional redistricting.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)